Monday, January 25, 2010

Feelin' Good!

I'm feeling pretty good today.

Hopeful, excited, cute...

I started my very own home based business today and can't tell you how excited I am for this! I have been wanting to start up something for a while now. I don't want to work full time, but want to earn a little money to pay off a medical bill from last year and to make the payments on my student loans. This business just makes me goose-pimply because it's all about giving and loving on people...and that's what I'm all about!

This is a step in the right direction to marking stuff off of that horrible sahmbie list of mine...the one that says "Pursue my own desires and dreams more fervently." Don't we all need some of those? Desires and dreams of our own? Some passion? I know it should be enough to be passionate about my God, my child, my home and my husband, and I am. They get me up every day and keep me from feeling totally worthless. But I want something just for me that I've worked for and can be proud of. There's nothing wrong with that. Especially when I know this business will bring so much joy to others!

My hero is the Proverbs 31 woman. And in Proverbs 31 there are several verses that indicate that this woman uses her talents and skills to contribute to her family's income. Check out these verses:

16 She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.18 She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night. 24 She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes.

Isn't she cool? Read all of it to see what a dynamo this woman is! I want to be her!

Oh and I'm feeling cute today because I went out and bought a few shirts yesterday (and a belt to hold up my pants!). I saw lots of those peasant type shirts and had a few in my hand. But, I already have so many of those, so I put them back. I wanted to get a few things that didn't make me feel so frumpy. So, I found these short, puffy sleeved button-up shirts and I bought 4 in all different colors: red and white polka-dots, black and white plaid, solid orange and orange and white stripes.

Here's me in my cute, new, red and white shirt and favorite pearls.

Sorry you can't see more, but it's hard taking a full body shot of yourself! LOL

This is going to be a great, productive week! I can feel it!!!

6 comments:

Patricia said...

WOAH!!!!!
Way to go!!!!
I am thrilled for you!!!
What are you going to be doing??????
Maybe I need you!!!
~~~~~~~~~~
Love the new pic!!! You look wonderful!!!
~~~~~~~~~
As a side note, I have a biz in the works too... just need to wait a little bit longer but I am beside myself with excitement as I can see you are too!
This is our year my friend!!!

Denise said...

You look BEAUTIFUL Angie! I am so glad you are having a GREAT day! You need to share with us what your new business is! {{{{Hugs}}}}

Darcie said...

LOVE this picture Angie. You are glowing my friend...so good to see. Guess you didn't need to wait for February after all. Your bustin' out now! Yeah!

Kathy said...

Cute picture, cute shirt! You look great!

Michelle said...

I'm so happy for you on your business venture!! Cute shirt, love the pearls!

Shea Whaley said...

Awesome Angie! What's business will you be doing? You sound and look great! It feels good to take care of yourself doesn't it!